Here it is but its taken on a new form as pillows. I am truly smitten with this fabric.
Even though I'm smitten, I didn't realize how much change one yard of fabric would inspire in our living room. But over the weekend I let inspiration reign supreme. After making the new pillow covers, I moved on to our "media cabinet" which was a antique serpentine dresser. Unfortunately, over time the top of the dresser started to warp. Do you see the gap in the front? It may look very minor, but in fact it was driving me crazy. So I changed it!
In walks this tall drink of water... and yes, I almost forgot to take before photos again. She was all battered and bruised from neglect.
Surely, it was nothing a little sanding, patching, more sanding, priming, painting, some more light sanding in between each layer, distressing, and glazing couldn't handle. And handling it was done! Ta-Dah!
Originally, we intended to use the top two drawers for the equipment but the receiver was too tall. No worries, I like them on the bottom just as well. (Yes, ladies I have to endure the speaker system right next to the TV. Can't go putting holes in the plaster walls of our rental. I would love to upgrade to a smaller set.)
This is the view from the couch. See how the fabric pulls in the green ceiling and new turquoise media cabinet. Another recent change is the wall color, they used to be a more golden color. The walls are now Balsam Beige by Sherwin Williams.
There are more changes on the horizon for the room. I've had these two vases for literally years. I got them from TJ Maxx in 2004 when bought our second house. Funny thing is, all this time I haven't been sure where to put them. So, I've lugged them to three additional houses since then because I love the colors. I think I've finally figured out what to do with them. But I'll leave that for another post, because I want some input.
I hope you liked my new media cabinet. Till next time... happy blogging!
I'm linking this to: