Monday, May 2, 2011

Nail Head Trim Message Board

Last week I was inspired by a post from Janell at Isabella & Max Rooms. She posted a DIY message board with nail head trim. It was absolutely divine and I just had to have one. Thankfully I had all the materials on hand that I needed to put my spin on it.

- Drop cloth remnant
- Nail head trim
- Old wood board
- Batting
- Hammer
- Staple gun

Since Janell posted a tutorial I didn't feel the need to duplicate the effort. I basically followed the same steps using a wood board and adding 4 layers of batting instead of cork board.

I also didn't "frame" the board in nail head trim, I put it on the top and bottom of the board and added our last name initial. I must admit it was a bear trying to hammer the nail heads into the wood in a straight line. Ugh... its going to take some practice, but I will not be deterred.


I added it to my very eclectic gallery wall and I've started putting the board to good use.


Thanks for visiting... till next time.

I'm linking this to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday - Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday - Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday - The Shabby Chic Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring - Delightful Order
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence

18 comments:

  1. That looks great- don't you just love nailhead trim for jazzing things up! That is a very eclectic gallery but it works.

    I was back reading a little and I'm looking forward to seeing the lampshades you come up with for those glass lamps- that was a good find!
    Let's follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful wall and your board turned out amazing! I love the colors in your room and that desk is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous and updated project. What a clever monogram! This might look great in my new family room!
    I'm a new follower!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulicious!! Awesome idea.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is amazing, and looks like you bought that at some specialty store! i love your eclectic gallery wall, and that message board looks perfect there. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!! Very clever and I love the whole arrangement on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever...and it was just what you needed to anchor that end of your grouping on the wall. Llokd wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! Thanks for linking to my delightfully inspiring Thursday Party. Looking forward to seeing your creativity next week.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea! I have an old iron board... hmm.. just the right piece to start copy your idea! Thanks for sharing -PC Via Delightful Order Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous...the whole wall looks great.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great. Love the whole wall. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am passing on to you the Versatile Blogger award.
    http://www.juiceboxdreams.com/2011/05/award-for-me.html
    Congratulations and great work.
    Kelly at juicebox Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly thanks you so much for the award. Its the last thing I expected when I did the post. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping in on my blog and for passing along the Versatile B. Award! Gives me a great excuse to check out some new inspiration. Speaking of which- I am loving this message board. The monogram was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That turned out fabulous!!! I don't think I could live without canvas drop cloths. I just covered some boxes a couple of days ago. Love, love, love the nail head trim.

    Have a fun weekend...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...